Friday, January 18, 2013

Lift Off
               The first few sentences of piece of writing are the most important for they are what paint your first impressions. Hence, the sentences within this paragraph will probably be more important than the phrases you will encounter in the next. This means I will not have to worry too much about keeping you interested in the forthcoming paragraphs. They may be as tedious as:            


    I was born in a hospital located somewhere in the North America – on the Friday of a July. I don’t remember this, of course. I’m sure you have as much trouble as I do trying to remember events that occurred when you were very, very young. In fact, the earliest thing I remember is walking around a living room in a small single-story house, in an island not worth mentioning simply because it is unheard of. I may have been four years old, and oblivious – oblivious enough to see the world as a beautiful place.

              

  At the age of four, my life was simple or so it seemed. I attended a decent school not too far from my house. I had more than enough friends, and I assumed I’d spend the next thirteen years of my life happily with them.


     The school was massive – and consisted of a few separate buildings and a wide field. I remember the field being as green as it could be. During recess, it was always filled with the shouts, cries, and laughter of children running, skipping, playing around in their light blue tops, and dark blue bottoms.
           

     I was one of these children. I used to run all over that field and yells things along the lines of “tag, you’re it” and “catch!”  My head used to be as light and empty as a balloon. The words “stress” was not to be found in my dictionary. Neither was the word “pressure”. However, today, this balloon has inflated to a point where even a little more air may cause it to burst.                 


   One may argue that the last couple of sentences in a piece of writing are just as crucial as the first. For this matter, I must write the following with great care: I understand that it has not been easy for you to have read this far, as this may be one of the least exciting series of paragraphs I have ever put together. I also understand that you may wish you could somehow “unread” it. Or perhaps you thought it was going to be interesting while reading the first paragraph and wish to return to that impression, just as much as I wish to return to my first impression on the world. I want to run in a field and yell at the top of my lungs. I wish to be young and oblivious again. Oblivious enough to think it possible to travel back in time. 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. in an island not worth mentioning simply because it is unheard of - Asshole

    ReplyDelete