Sunday, January 13, 2013


Prepare for Launch


  1. When we were five years old, we were naïve 
enough to believe that our most surreal fantasies would come true. You might have dreamt of living in Willy Wonka’s Chocolate factory, becoming the hero of a Disney animation, or even singing on stage with your favourite pop-star.  Me, I dreamt of becoming an astronaut. 


  1. It was the only cloud that hovered over my head when I was asleep. If someone has asked me why I wanted to become an astronaut, I would have probably said something similar to:

"Just imagine... rising up off the ground in a spaceship and watching Earth shape into a sphere getting smaller and smaller until it was merely a dot on a pitch black background... I could travel from planet to planet, galaxy to galaxy, see new sites and meet aliens... and just think. I'd be an isolated man drifting in space..."


  1. I’m sure I shared this dream with a planet full of other children, and I’m certain I wasn’t the only person who lost grasp of this cloud as time went on and I grew old enough to understand how implausible the images in that cloud were. In other words, I began to think I will most likely never become an astronaut.



  1. However, today, I realized that I am an astronaut. Or at least, I feel like one. Since I was born, I’ve been rising – growing taller – while the world around me seemed to shrink smaller and smaller. I’ve been travelling my whole life – from city to city, country to country, seeing extraordinary things, and meeting new faces.  I’m a lonely boy drifting on Earth.

            The “naïve” five-year-old boy’s dream has somewhat come true. With this in mind, I will gladly narrate, in my next posts, how my journey began – the journey of an astronaut. Until then, we will wait, and listen to the countdown. Three… Two… One…       

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When i was 5 i didn't even know the words isolated and galaxy. Great post, can't wait for the next.

    ReplyDelete